Thursday, May 10, 2007

One of my favorite songs...

Every time I hear this song my heart gets incredibly broken. The first time I heard it I was newly married and driving into the city (Philadelphia) and struggling with not wanting to go to GFA because my heart wasn't for the people in India - my heart was for teenage girls. I was wrestling so much - and then I heard this song and I just wept and wept for so long. The Lord used it to show me that when he puts things on my heart - it's definitely a blessing. But I want my life to be so totally given over to Him that I am not dictated by the desires of my heart (even if they are for something of virtue) because my heart is not what should lead my decisions in life. I need to yield to the Lord, knowing that He will never give me something good (like a desire to serve in one way) and squash it completely. But often, He desires to stretch us beyond what we feel we can do (or want to do) so that we are totally His. Anyway, here are the words.

Use me, break me, waste me on You, Lord
Ruin me, take me, waste me on You
For to die is to live...
To starve is to feast and less of me is more of Jesus
Lord, i want it all, Lord, i want it all
If i lose my life, I gain everything and
At the cross away with all death's sting
Lord, i want it all; Lord, i want it all

There is power in the blood
There is victory in Jesus.
Come in power, wash me clean
Overwhelm me with Your presence

There is power in the blood
There is victory in Jesus
Help me glory in the cross
Help me find my gain in loss

By the way - the Lord has not forgotten me. He has answered my desire to ministry to teenage girls in ways that have totally blessed me. He is expanding my heart for things I found no room for before He demanded this area of me. I love Him. :)

No comments: