Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer happenings...


I want to say that summer has gone by really fast... but when I think about it - I realize that we have a long way to go! Texas summers just seem to last a lot longer than Philly summers. Actually I don't think I even knew what summer was until I came to Texas. My mom will argue that that's not true... but she hasn't experienced this!


My mom and sister came to visit us while we were still in house renovation mode - honestly I know I'm so behind in posting pictures of all that! This weekend is my goal - because at that point I'll be able to actually take pictures of it.


We had so much help during our grand finale - and we are so thankful! I keep promising everyone who helped a bbq or something to thank them...


We were dog sitting for our friends Tom & Sara who went to China to adopt their new daughter! Tom & Sara were able to take care of Ransom for a month? Two month? Sara can help me remember... while we were remodeling. Here's Ariel with Veenya...


Ice Cream has been the biggest hit this summer. JD's mom got me an ice cream maker and I've been loving it! I have been churning out as fast as I can and with the help of David Lebovitz I've been able to make some pretty amazing flavors. Blue Cheese ice cream with candied bacon over grilled pears anyone?


Now that the house is done I'm dreaming about the garden. Gardening is something I can not do at all - but I long to be able to stroll through lush greenery in the evening. However, since my yard is the size of my thumb nail, I doubt I'd be doing much strolling. But I'm content to learn all I can to make a beautiful garden.

Currently I'm obsessed with Peonies. My friend Teresa turned me on to them... and I've been in love with them ever since. It's a good thing they come in over 200 varieties. I'll be happy to plan a row of different kinds alongside of the house - they are beautiful to use as cuttings. Even more beautiful to eat!


BTW - I love putting flowers in the bathroom... Actually I love putting things in places people might think then normally too good to go - did that make sense? I feel like it's a nice surprise when it's in an unexpected place.

Ransom in action - notice I am on the move with his dog bowl, carefully discouraging his horrible "little dog" habit of loving to jump. I think we decided to really take action when he literally ran over Carizza's mom when she came over. I think she had fun though. He is pretty cute & fluffy. :)




Getting ready for our Tye is a nice guy party! Tye is an intern with GFA and I think I'm going to miss him horribly as his internship is almost over! He has sat next to me for about a year now and fortunately for him (haha) we have the same sarcastic sense of humor that keeps things fun for me. I used to sit all alone in my little area upstairs - but now every seat is occupied. It's so cool!


Don't miss the fact that JD is wearing an amazing handmade tie for our Tye party... He thought he was pretty clever. Also notice our amazingly long bathroom! This is probably the first remodeled pic you'll see of our bathroom - I'm so happy with how it turned out! Believe it or not, we got pretty much everyone at a super low price! The Lord really provided everything and then He pieced it all together to fit so nice!



Funny story: in anticipation of going to someone's house at night who has a beautiful backyard which will potentially be lit up with fireflies to chase and leave me wanting to be barefoot, I painted my toenails! While I was waddling around with my toe dividers on Jd looked at me and then my feet and then back at me and he was like, "What's wrong with your toes?" And I said, "Oh it's toe dividers - so my toes won't touch." JD said, "Oh wow - I better wear those too because my toes touch eachother all the time!"

No comments: